1. Pair up your activation notices:
For each Certificate issued, you will receive one E-mail and one postal mailed activation notice. These notices contain a matching DEA Registration number or Admin Cert ID Number. If you have received multiple notices, please match each E-mail to its corresponding postal mailed activation notice.
2. Access DEA's CSOS Certificate Retrieval Web page:
3. Carefully review the policy agreement and click I Accept to continue.
4. Accept BOTH of the DEA's CA Certificates.
Why do I need to accept the CA Certificates?
To accept the E-Commerce Root CA Certificate (step a):
To accept the CSOS Sub CA Certificate (step b):
5. Once all both of DEA's Certificates have been accepted, click the Click to continue after installing all DEA CA Certificates button on the bottom of the page.
6. (Step 1) Verify that your Certificate activation notices (postal mail and E-mail) have been paired correctly, and that the postal mailed notice has not expired.
7. (Step 2) Click the Retrieve a CSOS Certificate button.
8. Log into the secure portion of the CSOS Certificate Retrieval Web site:
You will be prompted for a User Name and Password. Enter the Website Username and Website Password from Step 2 of the postal mailed activation notice. Please note that the Username and Password are case sensitive and should be typed exactly as they appear on the postal mailed activation notice. The Password will contain special characters (i.e. @, $, &, etc.) and capitalization matters.
9. (Step 3a and 3b) Enter the Access Code and Access Code Password for a Certificate.
10. Click the Submit Request button.
11. Click the Yes button at the Potential Scripting Violation screen where you are asked Do you want to request a Certificate now?
12. Click Set Security Level at the Creating a new RSA exchange key screen.
13. Select High and click the Next button.
14. Create a new password of your choice to protect the digital Certificate and your identity.
15. Click the Finish button after entering the same new password in the Password and Confirm fields.
16. The screen will now say Security level set to High. Click the OK button.
17. Click the Yes button if you are prompted by a Potential Scripting Violation asking Do you want this program to add the Certificates now?
18. If the Certificate was successfully retrieved, you will be brought to a Web page stating Successful CSOS Certificate Creation.
Why did I receive an error?
How do I verify that my Certificate is on my computer?
Do I need to print my Certificate?
What should I do now that I have my Certificate(s)?